Thursday, March 27, 2014

We Day | Inspirational Speech by Selena Gomez

      “I am not an activist. I haven’t changed the world or led a campaign, I’m here to just tell you my path so that you hopefully can take something away from it because I don’t like being honest...this is a true... I don’t like being honest with press and interviews. I like being honest with you directly, which is each and every one of you...cuz I feel like i can and I'm...I'm gonna start with the basics so...I'm 21 and my mom had me when she was 16 and I'm from Grand Prairie Texas and she worked 4 job, and completely dedicated her life into making mine better so to me she is the definition of a strong woman and I love her so much because she's taught me those values so much. 

       I have been acting my entire life and I have no sence I was first on Barney...you know that purple dinosaur... you guys so motivating I feel like I can say anything....when I was 11 the point being is what I was 7 I wanted to be an actress and I wanted to live my dream and when I was 11 I had a casting director tell me that I wasn't strong enough to carry my own show and I'm sure all of you have beien told by you don't have what it takes and you may not be goog enough and you don't have enough people supporting you and you're beaing told all of these thing and deep down it's all you wanna do you want be a part of something great you wanna make something great and it does more than knocked the wing out of view it crashes you when people try to tell you that you're not good enough and it almost did from me but there was my mom next to me stronger than ever and she said the most important thing is to always trust in myself if I have...if I'm doing something because I love it I should do it because I love it and I believe I can do it so she told me to keep going she told me and she taught me to turn the other cheek and let the credits like the critics the critics and let us just trust ourselver so for me two years later I got my own show and the first thought was Oh mean! that girl when I was 11 said I wouldn't carry my own show and I did I mean thought about that for a little bit but I thought of my mom said, my mom was like you have to trust yourself and I realized if I didn't believe that I could do it I want be able to be here and I have I'm gonna...I'm gonna say I live a very blessed life I have so much to be thankful for and a lot of you are a big part of inspiring me beacasue I don't think you get it and maybe you;re not old enough you inspire me to be better and we should inspire to each other to be better.
      I’m surrounded by people who are supposed to guide me and some of them have and others haven’t. They pressure me, ‘You gotta be sexy, you gotta be cute, you gotta be nice, you gotta be all these things.’ And I'm sure you can all relate. You all have pressure that you have to deal with every day — with school, with work, with friends, with parents, with family, with parents I know sometimes with mine, they tell me what to wear, how to look, what I should say, how I should be. 
     Until recently, I had given into that pressure, I lost sight of who I was, I listened to opinions of people and I tried to change who I am because I thought others would accept me for it. And I realized I don’t know how to be anything but myself. All I really want you to know is that you are changing the world, I’m not changing the world, you’re changing the world and that’s amazing. Please....please  just be kind to each other and love and inspire people, because . . . Let’s do it, let’s change the game...let’s change the game! The most important thing is that we learn and we continue to learn form each other. 
    Please stay true to yourself just remain who you are and know that we have each others’ backs; all of us have each other’s back. I'd be lying if I said that I have never tried to make myself better by giving and because I have...but I've learned from my actions and for all the thing I've done I'm proudest of that I've learned from my mistakes I want you to know what you to know what it's like that I know what it's like figuring out what types of friends you have you are wgu you surround yourself with so I just wanna say I hope I can inspire each and every one of you to just trust yourselves and to love and to be loved . . . this is such a beautiful thing you’re doing. Be proud of yourselves!”

More on: Weday.com

1 comment: